Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TR #1 - Idaho

Things are starting to settle down a bit after a whirlwind of mountain bike travel. I am going to try and catch up with a few blog entries of the recent travels starting out with a trip to Ketchum, ID. After first visting the area 3 years ago I have become addicted to the flowy backcountry single track. I made my fourth visit this July and introduced Larissa to the goods. The Fisher Creek Loop is always a fun way to kick off the weekend. The following day we did a bit of exploring and discovered the Oregon Gulch Trail. The upper section was a blast of flow mixed in with steep and techy and then finished out with some awesome meadow skipping through the lower section back to the highway. We closed out the trip on Curley's, another winding steep downhill that always leaves you wooping. I highly recommend you check out the trails of Sun Valley.

Always good to start the trip out with a Classic.

The famous burnt forest of Fisher Creek.

Vino from Oregon and Brew from Canada. Does that have "I'm from Utah" written all over it?

After ride "recovery drink" on the banks of the creek.

At the top of the Oregon Gulch trail. You are always a bit leary after a 2 hour climb and it doesn't appear that many people ride the trail. It is either going to be a gem or heinous.

Sometimes you have to earn it. Larissa hammering out the 10 mile stretch of highway to get back to our campsite. This is after 16 miles of riding trail.

I couldn't wipe the grin off my face after an epic downhill session on the Oregon Gulch Trail.

Scoob figured he would go for the Exon Valdez Oil Spill Look before we hopped in the truck and headed home.

1 comment:

  1. I cursed the 10 miles of highway - big time! Never has a road looked so long, straight, and never ending....but little did I know that the weekend after I would really "earn" it.

    ReplyDelete